Above Ground Pool Costs
The Biggest question one comes across while deciding on whether or not to Purchase an Above Ground Pool is the question that ‘How much does an Above Ground Pool Costs?’ Most of us like to research to find out about cheap swimming pools or budget pools. We also look around to learn more about Above Ground Pools for Sale and Cheap Above Ground Pools to make sure we’re getting budget pools.
This Article will acknowledge all such doubts and pain points related to Above Ground Pool Cost and all the related information like Above Ground Pool Installation Cost and how to find Discount Above Ground Pools.
ABOVE GROUND POOL VS INGROUND POOL
When people think about investing in swimming pools, they often only consider Inground pools. Most people have not considered getting an Above Ground pool for their backyard. But since this post is mainly related to addressing budget pools, no question the Above Ground Pool will always stand victorious.
On average, the Inground pool costs around $40,000 – $50,000. Whereas an Above Ground Pool Costs around $3000 – $5000 on an average. So in totality, the amount of money one invests in a swimming pool can easily be used to buy a cheap above ground pool as well as bear the above ground pool installation cost. In fact, the complete above ground pool package can be purchased including the cost of above ground pool with deck.
ABOVE GROUND POOL COSTS FACTOR
The Cost of Above Ground Pool depends on several factors like Size, Budget, Location, Space, and Requirement. The cost of Above Ground Pools includes Above Ground Pool Installation Cost, Maintenance cost and Above Ground Pool Kit that comes with the purchase. The Quality and Size of the Above Ground Pool will have a price implication. Budget Pools and Cheap Above Ground Pools are not as long-lasting as High Quality Above Ground Pools.
Complete Above Ground Pool Packages include Above Ground Pool Installation Cost which involved extra labor cost required for ground preparation, ground leveling, tree removal, and sand spreading. These are the vital directions needed to be followed by Professionals to install any Above Ground Pool.
ABOVE GROUND POOL SIZE vs COST
Above Ground Pool Cost is vastly determined on the Shape and Design of the pool. There are three sizes in which you can choose Above Ground Pool Packages – Round, Oval and Rectangular. The most common choice in lowering the cost of above ground pools or looking for budget pools is to choose round shaped above ground pools. Those are the best for individuals, couples and nuclear families.
If the requirement for cheap above ground pools is to perform water activities and games like volleyball, basketball or even swimming, then buying an oval above ground pool is the best bet. The rectangular above ground pool is mainly for bigger families and a gathering of friends or casual pool parties. They are the best for the utilization of any backyard space.
|POOL SHAPE||POOL SIZE||POOL COST (Average)|
|Oval||24 ft x 12 ft||$2500|
|Oval||30 ft x 15ft||$3300|
|Oval||33 ft x 18 ft||$3500|
|Oval||41 ft x 21 ft||$4500|
ABOVE GROUND POOL MAINTENANCE
Above Ground Pool costs include a major portion of maintenance. Only buying cheap above ground pools isn’t enough, but one has to maintain it to keep the pool long-lasting along with healthy and safe for use.
- Pool Skimming: The above ground pool has to be skimmed on a regular basis to cleanse it from leaves, dirt, insects and pool debris. Skimming the above ground pool daily will help to maintain the pool filters and keeping the pool clean from contaminated water.
Cost of Skimmer – $7 to $12
Cost of Automatic Skimmer – $19 to $25above ground pool skimmers
- Cleaning pool using Pump: The above ground pool skimmer cannot keep all parts of the pool safe from dirt and clogging. Hence, the purchase of a pool pump is an absolute necessity. The pump filter may need replacement once a year depending upon its usability. If the filter of the pump is clogged, the above ground pool’s water will be unsafe for usage as the pump may stop working.
Cost of Pump – $150 to $200above ground pool pumps
- Deep Clean: After above ground pool installation and usage, it is often seen that Debris is formed on the sides and the ground or bottom of the pool. To clean this, a soft-bristled pool brush is needed.
Cost of Pool Brush – $7 to $15Pool Cleaning Brush
- Water Testing: To maintain crystal clear and healthy water, regular water testing is required. Preferably twice or thrice a week, the water in the above ground pool needs to be tested on pH and sanitizer.
Cost of Digital Water Tester – $12 to $40Digital Water Tester
- Chemicals : The above ground pool water needs to have a proper balance of Chlorine and other chemicals in order to optimize the water safety levels. For this purpose the best solution is to use Chlorine Tablets. These tablets clean the pool free from bacteria by slowly dissolving in the water and releasing chlorine.
Cost of Chlorine Tablets – $19 to $60Chlorine Tablets
The Yearly cost for maintaining an above ground pool can be around $250 on an average. Some may also opt for monthly above ground pool maintenance services by professionals which could cost between $70 to $150 on an average. A well maintained above ground pool can last between 7 to 15 years.
ABOVE GROUND POOL CONSTRUCTION
After you have chosen which Above Ground Pool to buy from all the Budget pools, clearance swimming pools and cheap above ground pools, the first and foremost thing to do is to get the permit for installing the above ground pool. To avoid any future troubles with above ground pool installation, search for the local office who deal with swimming pool installation. You will need to fill out an application with the details about your above ground swimming pool. The office will send over a surveyor who will make sure that your location suits all the necessary requirements for installing an above ground pool. After the construction permit is received, you may go ahead with the installation process of above ground pool.
Once the construction permit for installing the above ground pool is received, you have to finalize the location for the pool installation. Once the pool is constructed it will be less likely to shift the place, so the backyard can be an ideal place for an above ground pool. The privacy factor of the location is another thing to consider.
After the location for above ground pool installation is finalized, the first step is to mark the area. The dimensions of the pool need to be marked to make sure the site is properly prepared. The second step for site preparation while installing an above ground pool is removing the sod. The ground for installing the above ground pool needs to be clear and levelled for which the surface of the ground with grass needs to be cleared off. Next we come to levelling the ground for pool installation. The entire site needs to be levelled equally before the actual above ground pool installation begins.
The first thing to consider is the Drainage option. Before framing the pool, mark the drainage area that supports seamless water transfers. Build the foundation of the above ground swimming pool by placing the blocks which are essentially stones or patio blocks. The next step is to assemble the above ground pool walls. Follow the pool’s perimeter wall to ensure the pool is being assembled as per the shape. Connect the walls using nut and bolts. Finally the gaps between the walls and the ground need to be filled. Level the inside soil of the above ground pool again.
An Above Ground Pool Linear forms the base of the Above Ground Pool. It is basically a cover made of vinyl which is used to hold the water inside the framework of the above ground pool. Avoid any air bubbles to form in between the vinyl cover and the ground of the swimming pool. Try to ensure there are no wrinkles or ripples and that the vinyl is attached as perfectly as possible without wear and tear.
- Technical Installations: Some arrangements for providing electricity to the pool is needed. In order for the above ground pool pump to work and to add pool lighting, an electrical outlet is a must. Then after the electrical requirements are taken care of, next comes the above ground pool pumping system. Pump and filter systems sometimes need professional assistance to install. But is of utmost importance as the pool pump and filters remove debris and control the chlorine in the swimming pool.
- Framing the Pool
One of the final stages while installing an above ground pool is assembling the framework. Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for this process. Make sure the shape and roundness of the pool stays intact throughout the framing process of the above ground pool. Take the help of a professional if required or protect yourself using proper equipment and gear.
Fill up the Pool:
Now the above ground pool is finally ready to be filled with water. Before that, carry out an inspection to make sure everything including electricity, pump and filter is properly installed to make sure the budget pool works efficiently. Start filling the pool with clean uncontaminated water to the brim.
Feel free to add extra features and accessories to the above ground pool like ladders, lights, landscaping and safety equipments. Refer to our Above Ground Pool Add-Ons Section for more details.
Above Ground Pool DIY:
An Inground swimming pool has limited and almost permanent solutions when it comes to decorating and landscaping the pool area. An above ground pool provides more options for decorating your backyard and one can easily improvise on the designs ideas and give the above ground pool a unique look.
ABOVE GROUND POOL ADVANTAGES
- Budget Pools: Cheap above ground pools are a great option for Families and individuals looking for budget pools. An above ground pool comes in various budget ranges provided by different brands who do not compromise on quality or look and feel. Cheap above ground swimming pools have overtaken inground pools in terms of affordability and budget.
- Hassle-Free Installation: Installing an above ground pool is much easier and less time consuming than a normal swimming pool. Above ground pool packages provide instruction manuals that help one to install and construct an above ground pool with little to no knowledge. Professional help is also readily available to which adds up a minimal amount to the above ground pool installation costs.
- Variety of Options: An Above ground pool is available in various shapes and sizes that almost fit the needs of all types of outdoor spaces and backyards. This gives the buyer a lot of choices and alternatives to fulfil the desires of having a perfect swimming pool.
- Transferability: One of the biggest advantages of owning an above ground pool is the fact that it can be moved from house to house. In case of an inground pool, shifting your house or changing homes means leaving the pool behind with it’s new owners. That is not the case when it comes to above ground pools. It can easily be dismantled just the way it was and reassembled in its new home.
- Easy Maintainence: In comparison to other swimming pools, the above ground pools comes with the ease of maintenance and repair. Since all its accessories and parts are easily accessible, the budget pool is easier to sustain for a long period of time. This in turn saves up the cost for repair and cleaning.
ABOVE GROUND POOL BEST SELLERS
ABOVE GROUND POOL BEST SELLERSThe List of 3 Bestselling Pools on Amazon
ABOVE GROUND POOL ADD-ONS
Pool Lights : If you are one who loves to take a plunge into the pool during evenings or maybe just dip your feet into the water after dinner at night, then the first add-on you should get is an Above Ground Pool Light. There are an array of options to choose from starting from halogen lights to LED lights to convertible lights and even underwater lights.
Pool Cover : Contrary to pool lights which may or may not be included in your accessories list, the above ground pool cover is a must. An above ground pool cover not only protects the pool water from falling leaves, extreme sunlight or harsh weather conditions but also provides protection from algae, bugs along with keeping the water temperature intact for a swim.
Choose which pool cover fits your needs the best in our Pool Cover Review section.
Pool Ladder : In order for one to climb up to the pool, above ground pool ladders are useful. These pool ladders are easy to install, some can be rolled up and locked when not being used, and their heavy build-ups can easily carry up to 300 – 400 lbs of weight. The above ground pool ladders come with an easy set of instructions which makes installation simple and undemanding. They also look stylish adding to the overall decor of the budget pool and come with an affordable range.
Take a look at the best-selling above ground pool ladders in our Pool Ladder Review section.
Pool Goggles : If you intend on having a clear underwater vision while swimming, then pool goggles could be something worth investing. These are not just goggles to provide an anti-blurred vision but also anti-glare which protects your retina against harmful UV rays. The swimming pool goggles comes with an adjustable headstrap which is useful to make sure it fits the head correctly in order to prevent water leakage. Other features include silicon cushions, anti-fog coating and anti-shatter lenses amongst others.
Choose from the Top 5 swimming Goggles in our Swimming Goggles Review section.
Pool Alarms : Above Ground pools are an absolute must for Families with kids and babies. In order to ensure safety of the kids and make the pool child friendly, pool alarms should be one of the basic and foremost above ground pool accessories to consider. Pool alarm installations are to be done manually and once the setup is done the alarm is always in ‘alert’ mode. Batteries for the above ground pool alarm last for a year and some pool alarms also come with a 1 year warranty.
Figure out which suits your need in our Child and Safety Alarm Review section.
ABOVE GROUND POOL DESIGN INNOVATIONS (DIYs)
So far we have covered all the elements related to Above Ground Pools cost, including aspects of purchasing cheap above ground pools, budget pools and discussed details of above ground pool installation cost.
We have also gone through the difference in cost factors between a swimming pool for sale that is an Inground pool and above ground swimming pools for sale. But still many people opt for Inground pools because of the look and beauty factor. They spend almost 3x more than an above ground pool cost, because they want to give their backyard a look that makes it difficult for people to take their eyes off.
So, in this section we’ll be solving that problem and taking care of that demand as well. The Best DIY project one can do in their backyard is redecorating their above ground pool. Here are some ideas to help your creative mind generate some weekend family tasks :
- ABOVE GROUND POOL PATHWAY and BORDER :
One of the simplest and most efficient ways to decorate the landscape of your above ground pool is to create a walkway and a border around the pool. The border needs to be at least a foot away from the bottom of the pool. Stones, concrete and decorative rocks can be used. A pathway leading to the above ground pool not only adds to the beautification of the backyard but also prevents people from walking on the grass and ruining it. Patio stones can be a good option for the steps.
- ABOVE GROUND POOL LIGHTING :
The above ground pool can absolutely stand out with a little addition of lighting to the decor of the landscape. You can do this by adding lights to the above ground pool’s pathway, some surrounding the border and some can also be added to the top of the deck or the frame of the pool.
- ABOVE GROUND POOL DECK :
To increase your above ground pool’s overall functionality, value and attractiveness, one of the best above ground pool DIYs can be to build a Deck. It requires more planning and work than building a pathway or adding lighting but the work sure pays off with the final look. Building a staircase makes the budget pool looks classy and the deck provides a place for leisure without having the necessity to swim all the time.